OUR TUITION POLICY
TUITION, WITHDRAWAL AND CLASS CHANGES
1. Non-Refundable Application Processig Fee: An Application Processing Fee of $75 per child is due at the time of registration and is nonrefundable. The application tuition is payable through PayPal.
2. Class Security Deposit: To confirm your child/children’s enrolment at Highlands Early Learning Centre, security deposit cheque of equal to one month’s regular tuition will be required and is payable via cheque. You will receive an email from our Registrar confirming your child(ren)’s class placement, along with further registration instructions. Upon confirmation of registration, a deposit of one month’s tuition will become due shortly after.
2 year old classes: The deposit is non-refundable and is forfeited in all cases of withdrawal from the preschool, including withdrawal prior to the commencement of the preschool year, during the preschool year, or upon failure to provide tuition payments as described below. If your child completes the preschool year with Highlands Early Learning Centre, the preschool will apply the non-refundable deposit to June’s tuition.
3&4 year old classes please note: Effective March 1, 2022, Highlands Early Learning Centre was accepted into the Universal Child Care Prototype Site $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program. The preschool’s annual renewal will be reviewed by the $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program at the end of March 2026. If, for whatever reason, the preschool’s contract is not renewed with the Universal Child Care Prototype Site $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program, please see below for policies regarding each individual circumstance:
3&4 year old classes while under the agreement with the Universal Child Care Prototype Site $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program (currently)
After withdrawal from the preschool, the full deposit will be refunded or a partial deposit will be refunded after all the outstanding amounts are subtracted from the original deposit.
If your child completes the preschool year with Highlands Early Learning Centre, the preschool will refund the full security deposit once the final childcare fees have been processed by way of the preschool’s Rotessa pre-authorized debit (PAD) for June 2023 and the funds have cleared the preschool’s bank account.
3&4 year old classes if, for whatever reason, the preschool is no longer under an agreement with the Universal Child Care Prototype Site $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program: The deposit is non-refundable and is forfeited in all cases of withdrawal from the preschool, including withdrawal prior to the commencement of the preschool year, during the preschool year, or upon failure to provide tuition payments as described below. If your child completes the preschool year with Highlands Early Learning Centre, the preschool will apply the non-refundable deposit to June’s tuition.
3. Tuition Payments: We ask for a void cheque OR Direct Deposit Form as we will be using Rotessa as a 3rd party pre-authorized debit program. Within the first week of every month, payments will be automatically withdrawn from your account. Please note that there is a $29 NSF that will be charged if the payment cannot be debited.
4. Early Withdrawal: If, for any reason, you need to withdraw your child from Highlands Early Learning Centre prior to July 31, the security deposit paid upon registration will be forfeited and therefore non-refundable, if your child’s class is not part of $10 A Day ChildCareBC Program.
For all withdrawals from and including August 1, Highlands Early Learning Centre requires one full calendar month’s written notice (the “Notice Period”) to be received by the 1st day of the month preceding the month of withdrawal (the “Notice Requirement”). Tuition is payable and will be charged during the Notice Period; however, your child is still enrolled and is welcome to attend preschool during the Notice Period.
Notice of withdrawal is to be delivered to the Executive Director or Registrar by hand, mail, or email. We will waive the Notice Requirement if we are able to fill the spot within the month your child leaves the program. A refund will be given as of the date the spot is filled. If you have any questions about this policy, please send your inquiry in writing to the Executive Director.
5. Probationary Notice: If, despite Highlands Early Learning Centre’s best efforts, the preschool is not a good fit for your child, the preschool reserves the right to give your family one month’s probationary notice. For this month, the Executive Director will customize a plan to further help your child. Parents must be willing to work with the preschool to implement the decided upon plan or may choose to withdraw immediately. If at the end of the month the situation does not improve you will be required to withdraw from the preschool.
6. Class Changes: Students who did not receive their first choice of classes will be permitted to move to another class if a space becomes available before October 31st. After October 31st, any vacancies will be offered to families outside the preschool.
7. Late Pick-Up Charge: Children are to be picked-up immediately upon dismissal. Failure to pick-up your child within 15 minutes of classroom dismissal time will result in a Late Pick-Up Charge of $30.00 per child; any late pick-up after 30 minutes post class dismissal will result in a Late Pick-Up Charge of $50.00 per child. Parents will be invoiced for this charge by email and payment is due to Highlands Early Learning Centre immediately upon receipt of invoice.
8. Missed Payments: There is a $29 administration charge for any missed payments in addition to any banking charges incurred to the preschool. If three missed payments are incurred, we require payment by cash for all future months. Alternatively, we may request the withdrawal of the child from the preschool. Please note that if you change financial institutions you will need to inform the Executive Director and update bankig information to ensure proper payment and not incur any administration charges.